POEMS


P O E M S

These Poems Have Been Taken From B.A Syllabus



  1. Autumn by T.E.Hulme

A touch of cold in the autumn night
I walked abroad
And saw the ruddy moon lean over a hedge
Like a red-faced farmer.
I did not stop to speak, but nodded,
And round about were the wistful stars
With white faces like town children. ................

  • Fog by Carl Sandburg
  • The fog comes On little cat feet.
    It sits looking
    Over the harbour and city On Silent haunches
    And then moves on. ............

  • Metro:Paris by Ezra

    Pound
  • The aparition of these faces in the crowd;
    Petals on a wet black bough. ............


    • Politics by W.B Yeats

    How can I, that girl standing there,
    My attention fix On Roman or on Russian Or on Spanish Politics?
    Yet here's a travelled man that knows
    What he talks about,
    And there's a politician
    That has read and thought,
    And may be what they say is true Of war and war's alarms
    But O that I were young again
    And held her in my arms! .............


    • When I Have Fears by John Keats

    When I have fears that I may cease to be
    Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain.
    Before high-piled books, in charact'ry
    Hold like rich garners the fulll-ripened grain;
    When I behold, upon the night's starred face,
    Huge cloudy sumbols of a high romance,
    And think that
    I may never live to trace
    Tehir shadows, with the magic hand of chance;
    And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,
    That I shall never look upon thee more,
    Never have relish in the faery power Of unreflecting love!
    O then, on the shore Of the wide world
    I stand alone, and think
    Till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink ............

    Go to Home Back to top

    Popular Posts